Over the period of time, there is an increased awareness amongst people about dental heath. Despite this, there are conditions when people end up losing their natural teeth. Periodontal diseases, trauma, gross decay, any developmental anomaly contribute to an early fall of the natural teeth.
Earlier the only replacement of missing natural teeth would be bridges or dentures, but with advance in dentistry, we can provide you with dental implants.
At Dr. Rohra’s Mayur Dental Clinic and Implant Centre, we provide the best quality implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. They are placed surgically in the alveolar bone and over a period of time, they integrate with the alveolar bone. When the integration is complete, the prosthesis i.e. crowns, bridges or a denture is placed over them.
They form a strong foundation for the prosthesis to be placed over.
What is the procedure for placing implants and how long is the whole process?
The various steps involved in an implant placement are:
- Investigations: The patient is examined intra orally and necessary radiographic investigations are carried out. The various radiographs required for implants placements are IOPA, OPG and CBCT.
We at Dr. Rohra’s Mayur Dental Clinic and Implant Centre are equipped with computerised Xrays and OPG. We also carry out a few blood investigations to check the systemic condition of the patient.
- Placement of the implants: The surgical site is prepared, after raising a flap, the bone is drilled for the placement of the implants and the site is sutured back after the placement of the implants. The site is left untouched for a period f nearly 3-4 months and the implants are allowed to integrate with the bone
The whole procedure is carried under local anaesthesia and it’s completely painless.
- Placement of the abutment: Once the implant has well integrated with the bone, an abutment is attached to the implants that can hold the crown or the bridge. The necessary impressions are done and sent to the lab.
We have our dental work delivered from the top Dental Laboratories of international standards.
How are implants better than bridges or dentures?
- No damage to the adjoining teeth: During the placement of a bridge, the adjoining teeth are also prepared to receive the crown. When an implant is placed, the other natural teeth remain untouched and only the missing tooth is replaced.
- Better functionality: Since the implants imitate the natural structure of the tooth and they function like your natural teeth, they aid in better chewing and eating.
- Improved comfort and speech: While the dentures can loosen up and slide in the mouth, implants are fixed and they give much more comfort in eating.
- Improved oral health: Since the adjoining teeth are not damaged, implants do not damage the general oral health of the mouth.
- Longer life: Implants are more durable then dentures and bridges. They stay in the mouth for a very long time.
- Preservation of the bone: Whenever an implants in placed, it acts as natural and the adjoining alveolar bone does not resorb as in the case of dentures and bridges.
When the bone is not resorbed it gives fullness to the mouth.
Frequently asked questions?
Is getting implants a painful procedure?
We have advanced injection techniques. We make sure that the procedure is as painless as possible. The post operative pain is managed with the help of medications. Our patients have a completely pain free experience at the clinic.
Are dental implants expensive?
Implants are a permanent replacement of your natural teeth. They provide a long term functionality.
What are the success rates of implants?
If placed well, implants have a success rate of approximately 95 percent.
Dr. Dinesh Rohra and Dr. Vidisha( Menka) Rohra have undergone professional implant training and have been delivering successful implants for more than a decade now .
Are implants difficult to maintain?
Well implants are to be maintained just like your natural teeth. Brushing, flossing, gargling after meals and regular checkups enhance the longetivity of the implants.
Can everyone get implants?
People suffering from diabetes and heart disease need to be evaluated before we plan Implants. In general, if you have a healthy alveolar bone, you are fit for implants.
What if I do not have enough bone support?
Well in that case , we advice a few techniques to get the adequate bone support to place the implants .
- Augmentation of the bone: This could be done with the help of bone grafts or various other growth factors.
- Sinus lift: This is done in the upper jaw and the sinus floor is elevated to make space for the implants.
- Expansion of the ridge: When the jaws do not have enough width to support the implants, then the ridges are expanded.
We are equipped with all required armamentarium for the placement of implants. We have a B class autoclave for high grade sterilisation.
Good sterilisation and advanced armamentarium contributes to the greater success rate of the implants
Can implants be placed immediately after extraction?
Yes, if a person has good bone support and no underlying infection present in the bone, implants can be placed immediately. These are known also known as same day Implants
Different types of Implants:
There are two main types of Implants:
- Endosteal: Most commonly placed in a dental office. These are placed inside the jawbones.
- Subperiosteal: When patients do not have enough bone support, these implants are placed just above the jaw bone and just below the tissues.
- Basal bone Implants: These implants are placed in the basal bone. Basal bone is the strongest bone and the implants have a higher support.
At Dr. Rohra’s Mayur Dental Clinic and Implant Centre, we believe in giving the best to our patients. We ensure that the patients get good post operative care as well. We have been delivering high quality implants of international standards for a decade now and enhancing smiles.
If you are looking for the best, this is where you should be….